you're reading...

Important Dates

First Baptist vaccination clinic May 22

May 19. There will be a second vaccination clinic on Saturday, May 22 at First Baptist Church of Cornelius, 21007 Catawba Ave. Those wanting a first or second Pfizer shot or a one-and-done Johnson & Johnson shot are welcome.

The Pfizer shot is now open to 12 year-olds and up (12 to 15 year-olds need parental consent).

Click here to schedule an appointment, but you can walk in and take the next available slot.

First Baptist says 114 people were vaccinated during the May 1 clinic. About 60 percent should be returning for their second shot. The other 40 percent took the J&J.

Rev. David Judge, pastor of First Baptist, says there are plenty of spaces available.